The classic Cheddar Cheese Ball is the snack everyone wants on their table for get-togethers and game nights.
Served with crackers, pretzels, raw vegetables, or pretty much anything else that sounds tasty with cheese, homemade cheese balls are a winning snack for any occasion.
You are watching: Creamy rich cheddar cheese ball
Cheddar Cheese Ball
While I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle a few weeks ago, Aunt Judy made this very simple Cheddar Cheese Ball and I may have eaten an embarrassing amount of it.
It’s just that good.
As always, when I asked how she made it, she was happy to share the recipe. And now, I get to share the deliciousness with you!
In case you don’t recall, my lovely Aunt Judy is the person who gifted me the recipe for the ever-popular Almond Bars, Strawberry Pretzel Salad, The Best Ever Ramen Noodle Salad, and she’s also the inspiration for this Creamy Pasta Salad too!
So, when I tell you that her cheeseball is fabulous, you can trust that you want this on your table asap.
I’ve never had a single bite of food prepared by my Aunt Judy that wasn’t delicious!
Homemade Cheese Balls
Homemade Cheese Balls win out over any cheese ball creation that you can purchase from the store. Every single time.
The Everything Bagel Cheese Ball has been a huge hit with family and friends ever since I shared it a couple of years ago. And this Chicken Spinach Cheese Ball is creamy enough to serve dip-style in a bowl or spread onto crackers with a knife.
Cheese balls are immensely snackable and fun for a laid-back game night at home or for a get-together with friends.
Oh! This Shrimp Cheese Ball caught my eye the other day. It’s on my list to try soon! Tasty shrimp plus a cheese ball is a guaranteed win in my book.
Cheese Ball Ingredients
Cheese balls are incredibly easy to make! You just need a few ingredients, a mixing bowl, and a sturdy spoon or electric mixer.
- Cream Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Walnuts or Pecans
Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Place the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and sprinkle garlic powder over the cream cheese. Add the Worcestershire sauce. Mix again until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the cheese and mix again. Spread plastic wrap on the counter and scoop the cheese mixture onto it. Form into a ball with the spatula.
- Place the chopped nuts on a small plate. Gently roll the cheeseball in the nuts to coat it completely. Wrap the finished cheese ball in plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Remove from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fresh vegetables.