Tender ribeye steaks cooked to juicy perfection is the best way to enjoy steaks at home (and it’s not difficult to make)!
This amazing cut of beef is definitely a favorite and in my opinion, one of the most flavorful out there. There is no need for special or fancy ingredients, just steaks, seasonings, a brush of oil, and a pat of butter for perfection.
You are watching: How Do You Cook A Ribeye Steak
A Steak That’s Perfect Every Time!
We love this recipe because a simple cut of beef can be transformed into a juicy, tender steak that will leave mouths watering.
Nothing beats a great steak—and they’re even better when they’re made at home!
This is a “foundation” recipe and truly, anyone can make great steaks at home. I’ve shared my favorite tips below.
STEAKS Choose ribeye steaks that have nice even marbling throughout for the best results. Thicker 1″ steaks are easier to cook than thinner steaks. You can get a nice char on the outside without overcooking (I prefer to cook to medium-rare).
Ribeyes have a fat cap along the outside and will most often have a larger piece of fat in the middle. This will all melt into the steak making it ultra juicy!
SEASONING Use your favorite steak spice for this recipe (we love Montreal Seasoning or Hey Grill Hey Beef Seasoning). Ribeyes have so much flavor they really don’t need a lot of fancy ingredients or a marinade.
My dad always uses a simple combination of pepper and seasoned salt and his steaks are ALWAYS amazing.
How to Cook Ribeye Steak (Oven Method)
Just a few simple steps and you’ve got a steakhouse entrée on the table in no time!
- Preheat oven and a cast iron pan or heavy skillet (per recipe below).
- Brush steaks with oil and season as desired.
- Cook the steaks about two minutes on each side. Once steaks are browned on both sides, place the pan in the oven and roast according to recipe instructions below. Do not overcook.
- Remove pan and place cooked steaks on a plate and add butter pats to each piece. Make a foil tent and let the steaks “rest” about 5 to 10 minutes. Resting is important to keep them juicy!
How to Grill Ribeye Steaks
- Prepare/season steaks per recipe below.
- Heat grill to medium. Season steaks and grill them between 5 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on the desired done-ness.
- Remove steaks, dot them with butter, and allow them to rest about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Perfection
- If using frozen steak, be sure to let it fully thaw.
- A bit of oil before seasoning helps the seasonings stick. Season just before cooking.
- Preheat the cast iron pan, oven and/or grill.
- Searing the outside of the meat helps ensure the juices are sealed inside.
- Use a meat thermometer and be sure not to overcook.
- Do not press the steak as it is cooking on the grill.
- Always rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving for best results.
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Grilled Asparagus
- Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic
- Perfect Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Creamed Spinach
- Caesar Salad
Did you make these Ribeye Steaks? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!