We debuted our Instant Pot by making brown rice, so it was only natural that we try its perfect match: black beans!
Making homemade black beans (from dry beans) is cost-effective and delicious, but it can be a little time consuming on the stovetop.
You are watching: How To Cook Black Beans Instant Pot
But with a little help from the Instant Pot, perfectly tender black beans are ready in under 1 hour with just 1 pot and 3 ingredients (no soaking required)!
How to Cook Instant Pot Black Beans
- Add beans and water (or broth) to Instant Pot. We also like a little onion and salt for added flavor (optional).
- Secure lid, press Pressure Cook — High, and set to 30 minutes. It will take ~8 minutes to pressurize and then the cooking will begin.
- When the Instant Pot timer goes off, set a separate timer for 20 minutes and allow the steam to release naturally (that means don’t push any buttons!).
- Carefully remove lid and enjoy perfectly cooked beans!
How to Use Black Beans
- 1-Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- Grain-Free Burrito Bowls with Shredded Mexican Chicken
- Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Dip
- Black Bean & Plantain Arepa Sandwiches
- Black Bean Plantain Enchilada Bake
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!