This Easy Pasta with Broccoli Recipe is quick, easy, and so flavorful! One of my favorite pasta recipes to make for a crowd. Loved by vegetarians and carnivores!
You are watching: How To Cook Broccoli With Pasta
Pasta with Broccoli
Friday night is date night in our house! And more often than not, that means we stay home, open a bottle of wine, and cook pasta! It’s nothing fancy… but I look forward to it all week!
Since my husband doesn’t eat meat, we usually end up cooking a veggie based pasta dish. Our current favorite? This SUPER SIMPLE broccoli pasta recipe! It features bright green broccoli florets, plenty of garlic, olive oil, white wine, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese. But the best part? It’s fast cooking time! This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes!!! Less time in the kitchen = more time lounging on the couch with my hubby.
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success
- Don’t overcook the broccoli! You only want to cook it for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender and bright green. And don’t worry if it looks slightly undercooked, because it’ll continue cooking in the sauce later.
- Another ingredient you don’t want to overcook? The pasta! Cook it until it’s al dente! The cooking time will vary slightly depending on the brand of pasta you’re using, so check the box for instructions.
- If you really love lemon, you can add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the cooked pasta before serving.
- No wine in the fridge? You can use chicken broth instead. Or even reserved pasta water.
- Before serving, be sure to taste and add more salt or black pepper if needed.
- If you’re looking for some side dishes to serve with this, try my easy baked meatballs or homemade garlic knots!
More Pasta Recipes:
- Rigatoni with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
- Penne Arrabbiata
- Stuffed Shells Fra Diavolo
- Easy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- One Pan Tomato Basil Pasta
AND IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE FOR EASY PASTA WITH BROCCOLI, LET ME KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DON’T FORGET TO SNAP A PIC AND TAG IT #BAKERBYNATURE ON INSTAGRAM! SEEING YOUR KITCHEN CREATIONS MAKES OUR DAY.