Do you have an Instant Pot? We recently purchased one and, admittedly, we were a little skeptical about adding it to our kitchen. It’s clunky, it’s not cheap, and does it really cook food faster?
The verdict is still out, but we’re well into testing and can’t wait to share our experience in a full guide very soon. BUT, in the meantime, we have to say we are SUPER impressed with how well the Instant Pot cooks brown rice, NO SOAKING required.
You are watching: How To Cook Brown Rice In The Instant Pot
With an Instant Pot and less than 30 minutes, you can make perfectly tender brown rice every time! Let us show you how.
How to Cook Brown Rice in an Instant Pot
- Add 1 cup water + 1 cup rinsed brown rice to Instant Pot.
- Secure lid, press Pressure Cook – High, and set to 20 minutes. It will take ~8 minutes to pressurize, and then the cooking begins.
- When the timer goes off, carefully press the quick release (steam should immediately stream from the steam valve, so be careful). Once steam has fully escaped — ~30 seconds — carefully remove lid.
- Enjoy perfectly cooked rice! (See recipes below for serving ideas.)
How to Use Brown Rice
- Crispy Miso Chickpea Bowls with Garlic Sesame Dressing
- Gado Gado with Spicy Peanut Sauce (30 Minutes!)
- Vegan Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Easy Grillable Veggie Burgers
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!