Tomahawk Trusted Source Rib steak – Wikipedia A rib steak (known as cote de boeuf or tomahawk steak in the UK) is a beefsteak sliced from the rib primal of a beef animal, with rib bone attached. In the United States, the term rib eye steak is used for a rib steak with the bone removed; however, in some areas, and outside the U.S., the terms are often used interchangeably. The “rib eye” or “ribeye” was originally, the central portion of the rib steak, without the bone, resembling an eye. coral-beachresortsharjah.com is an impressive type of steak that is one of the tastiest steaks around.
It features one ribbed side, usually thick (the thickness depends on where you purchased it from). The thickness of this type of steak ranges from six to eight inches. It’s a pretty thick bone handle, which it is quite inviting.
You are watching: How To Cook Tomahawk Steak On Gas Grill
Grilling tomahawks offers an excellent dish that is enough to serve an entire family. Preparing this kind of steak is not as simple as you may think. This is a step-by-step process that should be noted.
Take time and learn how to grill it, and you won’t be disappointed.
Grilling a Tomahawk Steak: Recipe
The first step you should take when setting out to grill tomahawks is to have the needed recipes.
These are not ordinary meat found in the stores; the cooking process cannot be the same as other types of meat.
Tomahawk steaks are large; thus, you have to have the right utensils to grill them. Skillets may not be the best for tomahawk steaks.
Furthermore, the method may result in overcooking your steak. It is vital to understand how long to cook a tomahawk steak on the grill. You should cook the steak for one to two minutes using a high heat. Make sure you do it on both sides. After that, move the steak to low heat. You should then turn the meat one minute before it cooks halfway.
The cooking time for a tomahawk is one hour. You should use a meat thermometer to check the steak’s temperature. According to most reviews on Amazon, the best meat thermometer remains the ThermoPro TP20. It has a wireless remote and is digital. Furthermore, the thermometer is fitted with a dual probe for smoker grills.
Tomahawks should be served after sprinkling salt and applying some butter on them. This will give them an outstanding taste.
Equipment You’ll Need
You should have the proper set of tools before grilling tomahawk steaks. These tools include:
- A serving platter
- A grill
- Meat thermometer
According to experts, the best grill toolset is the Cuisinart Deluxe Grill Set. The set comes with a spatula and tongs. It also has a digital temp fork that comes with a preset temperature.
- Four teaspoons of kosher salt
- One teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- A tomahawk ribeye steak. The stake should be two inches thick and have a rib bone attached. You can also purchase a rib roast but have it cut into steaks.
- Season the tomahawk steak. You should leave the steak for one hour before cooking it. Sprinkle salt and a little pepper the night before grilling and cover it with foil. It should be taken out once you start heating the grill.
- Set an indirect high heat for the grill. Half of the grill should have high heat, while the other half should have none.
- Reverse sear. Place the tomahawk steak on indirect heat. After that, position the holes over the steak. Cook the steak, and after ten minutes, flip it so that all the parts cook evenly. Remove the steak once the temperature reaches 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sear the steak over direct heat. Move the steak over direct heat and flip after every two minutes. Do this for six minutes until the meat turns brown.
- Serve the steak. Rest the tomahawk steak for ten minutes, then serve.
Grilling on a Gas Grill
Leaning how to cook a tomahawk steak on a gas grill is fundamental to preparing a fully cooked steak.
You should then close the lid and grill for about forty-five minutes. Flip it once every ten minutes until the grill temperature reaches around 125 degrees.
Grilling on a Charcoal Grill
The process of cooking tomahawks on a charcoal grill is similar to gas grills. Make sure you have a meat thermometer to measure the temperature since charcoal does not heat as fast as gas grills.
Overall, grilling tomahawk steak is one of the best methods of cooking it. Tomahawk steaks are juicy and taste better when grilled properly. It would be best if you learned how to grill a tomahawk steak to excite your guests with great food. Notably, cooking tomahawk steaks requires unique recipes to have the required taste. Furthermore, you should equip yourself with the necessary tools before grilling. Once you have everything set, follow the instructions in detail, and you are sure to have the best grilled tomahawk steak. Enjoy your grilling.