Baked Tortilla Bowls
Homemade Baked Tortilla Bowls are a delicious, affordable, and healthier version of deep-fried bowls. These crispy taco bowls can be made ahead of time and don’t require any special equipment.
You are watching: How To Make A Flour Tortilla Bowl
These DIY taco bowls are baked, not fried. They’re so fun for taco bar night at home, and you can make them without any special equipment. You’ll simply need a plate, baking sheet, and a few soup bowls.
As far as the fillings, the sky is the limit! Start with shredded lettuce or cabbage, and then add things like: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice, Instant Pot Mexican Rice, Spicy Instant Pot Black Beans, Air Fryer Tofu, and Pressure Cooker Shredded Chicken. I like to season the protein I use with homemade Whole30 Taco Seasoning.
For toppings, I love Chipotle Sauce, Encurtido, Avocado Ranch, Healthy Guacamole, Gluten-Free French Fried Onions, and Avocado Yogurt Dip.
Pro Tips/Recipe Notes
- Double-check that the bowls you plan to use are marked as “oven-safe”.
- You can use corn tortillas for a gluten-free version, but the taco bowls will be much smaller. You should also microwave the tortillas for 15 seconds to make them pliable before dipping in the water/oil mixture.
- These can be meal prepped up to three days before you want to use them. Allow them to fully cool and then store in an air-tight container at room temperature.
More Tasty Weeknight Dinners You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Quesadillas
- Fried Gnocchi and Veggies
- Air Fryer Taquitos
- Instant Pot Ravioli
- Puff Pastry Pizza Pockets
- Instant Pot Tortellini
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Homemade Pretzel Dogs
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza