Making Heart Shaped Eggs transforms the humble boiled egg into something fun. Perfect for valentines day. A fun, yet protein packed healthy breakfast or snack.
Equipment You Need
While there are a number of gadgets available to change your eggs into special shapes, the good thing about this process is that it does not need any special moulds
You are watching: How To Make A Heart Shaped Egg
For each egg you will need…
- A piece of cardboard cut from a stock, juice or milk carton approx 7.5cm by 19cm (3in by 7.5in) (folded in half lengthwise.)
- A round shaped chopstick
- Two elastic bands
What to Do
- Hard boil your eggs
- Remove the shells while still warm
- Place egg in the centre of the cardboard along the fold.
- Place the chopstick along the top of the egg to form an indentation.
- Secure with rubber bands at each end of the cardboard cradle.
- Leave for a minimum of ten minutes in the fridge.
- Slice eggs in half to reveal the heart shape
- If you need to serve them flat remove a tiny piece from top and bottom of the egg.
- Place on a piece of toast for a well-balanced breakfast.
- Pop into lunch boxes and surprise your kids.
- Make heart-shaped devilled eggs by removing the yolk, making the mixture and reforming.
- Scatter on a bed of leaves with cheese to make cheese and egg salad.
You May Also Like
- Avocado Devilled Egg
- Cucumber Sushi
- Watermelon Pizza
Have you tried this recipe? I love hearing your feedback. Rate and leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram.