The ULTIMATE Dirty Martini – shaken, not stirred – and made with just 2 ingredients! This version combines vodka and olive juice and skips the vermouth for a clean, straightforward flavor you’re sure to love!
You are watching: How To Make A Vodka Martini Without Vermouth
I’ll never forget the first time I tried a Dirty Martini. I was with a friend, who swore they were the best thing ever, and ordered one for both of us. Extra Dirty.
I have to admit… I was a little bit scared. Vodka + olive juice? It’s definitely… different. And also THE BEST THING EVER.
Of course, I immediately tried to re-create it at home, and for some reason it never quite tasted the same. Until I finally realized the key to the BEST Dirty Martini is no vermouth!
This recipe couldn’t be more simple… just 2 ingredients + ice… and it makes exactly the kind of Dirty Martini we all crave. Extra dirty… yet somehow completely clean in flavor.
- 3 ounces vodka or gin
- ½ – 1 ½ ounces olive juice (to taste)
- 3 olives, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka or gin and olive juice.
- Fill the shaker ¾ full with ice; shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place 3 olives in a chilled martini glass.
- Strain the mixture into the glass.
- Make a Gibson by omitting the olive juice, adding a splash of vermouth, and garnishing with cocktail onions
- Make a Dirty Frenchman by following recipe instructions and garnishing with Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Add a splash of vermouth
- Make it a Dry Martini by combining vodka or gin and vermouth in a 5:1 ratio and omitting the olive juice
- Make it a Smoky Martini by adding a splash of Scotch whiskey
- Make it a 50/50 Martini by combining equal parts vodka or gin and vermouth, plus a dash of orange bitters
- Serve it on the rocks in an Old Fashioned glass
More cocktails you’ll love
- Espresso Martini
- Strawberries & Cream Martini
- Baileys Mint Martini
- Chocolate Strawberry Martini
- Lemon Meringue Martini