This blueberry flavored vodka is SO delicious, quick and easy to make. Learn how to make infused vodka in many different flavors.
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through this link (at no extra cost to you).
You are watching: How To Make Blueberry Infused Vodka
Why This Recipe Works
- This recipe is so quick and easy you will wonder why you haven’t done this all along!
- You can make virtually any flavored vodka from the comfort of your home.
- The infused vodka flavor is so delicious you won’t want to go back to store bought.
- The sky is the limit on flavors! Strawberry vodka, pineapple vodka, mango vodka…the list is endless!
- These vodka infusions make for a beautiful gift or presentation at a dinner party.
What is infused vodka and how do I make blueberry vodka?
Vodka is a very versatile alcohol and has very neutral flavor which lends itself well to taking on different flavor profiles to create flavored vodka. You can also make other flavored liquors (sometimes called infused liquors) using other alcoholic spirits such as rum, tequila, brandy, whiskey (fireball whiskey is cinnamon), bourbon or tequila. You can even infuse your own Sake!
Making flavored vodka, including this delicious blueberry vodka, is surprisingly simple! Generally speaking, you can combine your fruit (or other flavor item) with the alcohol and wait the appropriate amount of time for the flavors to be absorbed by the alcohol. The type of fruit or other flavoring you are using will determine the amount of time to wait, as well as the level of potency you are seeking.
Are there any services that deliver vodka, sake or alcohol spirits delivered directly to my home?
There are a few great services you might consider. These days it is easier than ever to get all the good stuff delivered straight to you with the click of a button:
- Flaviar: This unique service allows you to try a tasting menu variety of new and fun varieties of whiskey, bourbon and other fine spirits. This is awesome if you like to try new flavors and be surprised. You can also pick and order your favorites.
- Tippsy: Are you a lover of Japanese Sake? This is your ticket! You can have a tasting box of delicious premium Japanese sake delivered straight to your door.
- Saucey: You want to whole liquor store delivered right to your doorstep? Depending on your zip code, you can order from Saucey and get 30 minute delivery or 2 day shipping of any of your favorites from the liquor store!
What other flavored vodka can I make?
Fruits works particularly well when making vodka infusions. The following are some great beginner flavor ideas for infused vodka:
- Cucumber vodka
- Strawberry vodka
- Pineapple vodka
- Orange vodka
- Lemon vodka
- Mango vodka
- Coconut vodka
If you want to get a little more creative and experiment with some other different infused vodka recipes, you can try the following:
- Different herbs (ex: basil vodka or lavender vodka)
- Jalapeno vodka
- Honey vodka
- Maple vodka
- Cinnamon vodka
- Lemongrass vodka
- Ginger vodka
Can I make infused tequila or flavored tequila?
Yes, most alcohols and spirits lend themselves well to infusions and flavorings. Some different ideas that work well with tequila are:
- Jalapeno tequila
- Lime tequila
- Chili tequila
- Chocolate tequila
- Watermelon tequila
- Strawberry tequila
What can I do with the leftover blueberries from the blueberry vodka?
Do not throw out the beautiful fruit that you have used to flavor your blueberry vodka. You can keep the fruit and enjoy it on its own (but please be careful as it will contain alcohol). You can use the fruit to make a number of different deserts that require alcohol soaked fruits. Save the fruit and serve it as a garnish to the cocktail that you create or freeze for later use as ice cubes in cocktails.
What is the best vodka to use in this recipe?
You will want to make this recipe with a good quality brand vodka. Some more affordable price point vodkas include: Smirnoff Vodka, Seagram’s Vodka and Skyy Vodka. Some higher-end price point vodka to consider would be Kettle One Vodka, Chopin Vodka, Grey Goose Vodka, Belvedere Vodka, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Absolut Vodka and Stolichnaya Vodka.
How to make this recipe
- 6 oz blueberries
- 1-2 cup vodka
- Thoroughly clean your blueberries.
- Place blueberries in jar and cover with vodka.
- Refrigerate and wait 24-48 hours.
- Strain vodka and enjoy!
Looking for other delicious cocktail ideas?
- White Chocolate Liqueur
- Tres Leches Cocktail
- Vodka Margarita
- Bourbon Cherries
Hungry for more? Subscribe to my EMAIL NEWSLETTER and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all of the latest delicious food!
You can also comment below. I LOVE hearing from you! If you loved the recipe, a 5 STAR RATING is the ultimate compliment as food is my love language!