You are going to love this crispy breaded tofu! If you’re sick of the same old baked or stir-fried tofu and want more texture and flavor in your tofu, you have to give this a try! The tofu coating is super versatile and can be made with panko bread crumbs, crackers, stuffing, corn chips, or even cornmeal, plus your choice of herbs and spices to give it a flavorful crunch.
You are watching: How To Make Breaded Tofu
- ❤️ You’ll love this recipe because it’s
- 🧾 Ingredients and substitutions
- 🥄 Instructions
- 🥘 Baking
- 🍳 Pan-frying
- 🍞 How to make it gluten-free
- 🌟 More tofu recipes
❤️ You’ll love this recipe because it’s
- easily made gluten-free.
- bursting with flavor.
- crunchy comfort food.
- a protein-packed meal that the whole family will love.
- Drain and press a block of tofu getting out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix together breading ingredients on a plate or shallow dish.
- Sprinkle tofu with some soy sauce or equivalent.
- Place the tofu in the breading and press down a little to make the coating stick to the tofu.
- Flip over and coat the other side.
*Now you have 2 choices to cook your tofu baking or Pan Frying.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread about 2 tbsp of oil on the bottom of a cookie sheet.
- Place the breaded tofu on the cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out of the oven and flip with a spatula.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes on the other side.
- Place 2 tbsp of oil in the bottom of a skillet. (I highly recommend using an iron skillet for tofu. It always cooks perfectly and never sticks to my iron skillet).
- Place the coated tofu in the frying pan and turn heat to medium-high.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crunchy.
🍞 How to make it gluten-free
If you need this to be gluten-free, simply use gluten-free panko, cracker, corn chips, or cornmeal instead of the bread crumbs made from wheat. Also, make sure to use a gluten-free flour mix.
Serve this tofu hot along with pasta, rice, potatoes or any other side dish you like.
You can also make this recipe soy-free, by using chickpea tofu instead of soy-based tofu.
🌟 More tofu recipes
- Baked Tofu
- Crispy Fried Tofu
- Grilled Tofu
- Tofu Feta
- Teriyaki Tofu
📌 Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for new vegan recipes!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Leave a comment and starred review! I would love to hear from you!