Egg masala gravy recipe – A simple, quick, flavorful, hot and delicious egg gravy that pairs well as a side with plain basmati rice, biryani, chapati, paratha and pulao. It also goes well with any flavored variety rice recipes like ghee rice, pudina rice, jeera rice, kuska rice or coconut milk rice.
Egg masala gravy is a Indian dish made with boiled eggs, onions, tomatoes, whole spices & spice powders. There are numerous ways an egg gravy is made in India. Each home & region may have a different recipe.
You are watching: How To Make Egg Gravy
I make egg gravy in so many ways. The egg masala recipe shared here will yield you a very delicious, aromatic & moderately spicy dish. It has a unique aroma that comes from the mint leaves (pudina) & whole spices used.
Also a good spice powder like a kitchen king masala or garam masala is the star of this recipe which enhances the aroma and taste.
Whether you pair it with a biryani, roti, paratha, chapathi) or even a simple pulao, this makes your meal special.
To make egg masala gravy, stick on to the ingredients mentioned. If you do not have kitchen king masala powder, you can replace it with any flavorful garam masala powder.
Preparation for Egg masala gravy
1. Pour 3 cups water to a pot. Rinse eggs under running water and gently place them in the pot. Cover & begin to boil the eggs on a medium flame.
2. The cook time of eggs differs by variety. So a good indication of a hard boiled eggs is when you see the cracks on the shell. Turn off the stove & rest for 10 minutes. Remove the eggs and add cold water to the pot.
3. Keep the eggs immersed in cold water until you they cool down slightly. Shell the eggs and pierce them with a fork.
4. To enhance the taste either you can use eggs or make a paste of coconut or cashews. To make the paste just add coconut or cashews to a blender. Pour 2 to 3 tbsps water & make a smooth coral-beachresortsharjah.com this aside.
How to make egg masala recipe
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin, bay leaf or curry leaves. Also add in cumin, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. You can also replace these with mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle.
2. Add onions, sprinkle salt and fry till they turn slightly brown. If you can caramelize the onions, it enhances the aroma.
3. Next add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes off.
4. Add tomatoes and fry till they turn completely mushy. Soft and blend well with onions.
5. Then add red chili powder, garam masala or kitchenking masala and turmeric.
6. You can leave this if you don’t want to use cashews or coconut. I use it sometimes. Add ground cashew or coconut paste. Blend the cashews with little water to a smooth paste.
7. Fry till the masala dries up and begins to leave oil. This takes around 4 minutes.
How to make egg masala recipe
8. Add eggs, mint & coriander leaves.
9. Fry for 2 minutes. You can also skip adding the eggs here. Fry them in 1 tbsp oil in a different pan. Sprinkle chilli powder and add it later to the boiling gravy.
10. Pour water just enough to make a thick gravy. I used little more than 3/4 cup. Cook till the egg gravy thickens, for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve egg masala gravy with biryani or chapathi or pulao.
More Egg recipesSimple egg curryPunjabi egg curryEgg kurmaSimple egg butter masala
Egg masala gravy
Try this withJeera ricepudina riceghee riceveg pulaokuska biryanicoconut milk rice.