Learn how to make easy taco salad shells in your oven using flour tortillas. It’s a healthy taco shell that saves calories compared to the store-bought variety.
The next time your family is begging for tacos, surprise everyone with homemade taco shell bowls! Easy to make, this recipe is sure to please the entire family.
You are watching: How To Make Homemade Taco Salad Shells
Made with only 1 ingredient, these taco shells are a healthier version than any store-bought or restaurant served taco bowl. In just 15 minutes, the shells are ready to eat!
Serve our Healthy Taco Salad Recipe in a taco shell bowl for a complete and tasty dinner meal. Customize the taco salad ingredients based on any preferences in your home. From taco meat, beans, lettuce, tomatoes to cheese and salsa, we encourage you to get as creative as possible!
Think you need a taco bowl shell maker to start? Think again! Our secret to making a soft shell taco bowl – a tin foil mold.
- baking pan
- tin foil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Add your favorite taco salad ingredients
How To Make
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Shape the foil and tortillas. Shape tin foil into 4 medium-sized loose round-shaped balls. Drap the tortilla over the top, gently shaping the tinfoil and the tortilla shell into the shape you’d like. Repeat for all the shells.
- Bake. Bake for 15-20 minutes watching closely after 15 minutes. Once the shells starts browning it can burn quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
MIX IT UP: Turn tortilla shell bowls into dessert by spraying with cooking spray and sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar prior to baking. Serve ice cream sundaes or Fruit Salsa inside the bowls for a kid-friendly treat!
Corn Tortilla Salad Bowls
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Spray each side with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape a bowl form out of tin foil. Add corn tortilla and gently shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp.
Cooking Tip: Microwaving the corn tortillas will help prevent the shells from cracking or breaking.
More Taco Tuesday Recipes
- Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Camping Tacos
- Baked Cod Fish Tacos
- Layered Taco Dip
- Tasty Taco Cups
- Easy Crockpot Taco Chili Recipe
If you enjoyed these recipes make sure to leave a comment and a star rating below! Then follow me on social media and tag #createkidsclub if you make the recipe. I love seeing what you come up with!