Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are a tasty snack that can be prepared and stored in the freezer! Any time you want a snack, just pop a few into the air fryer.
Why buy the pre-packaged, frozen version of mozzarella sticks when you can make your own homemade recipe in the air fryer in minutes?
You are watching: How To Make Mozzarella Sticks In Air Fryer
Homemade Mozza Sticks
- We love mozza sticks because they are crispy on the outside and melty inside.
- These are easy to make with string cheese and a handful of pantry ingredients.
- They’re prepped ahead of time and stored in the freezer for a great snack anytime.
- Add your favorite dipes from marinara sauce to homemade ranch dressing.
MOZZARELLA STRING CHEESE We love the way string cheese melts and it’s just the right size for a bite. Swap out Mozza for your fave string cheese flavor including cheddar.
EGGS are used to make the breadcrumbs stick to the string cheese.
SEASONING Garlic powder, salt & pepper are all you need.
BREADCRUMBS We use a combination of seasoned breadcrumbs (for flavor) and Panko (for crunch).
Feel free to create your own signature seasoning blend! We like to mix in Taco Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, or our favorite Homemade Italian Seasoning.
How to Cook Homemade Mozzarella Sticks
Mozzarella sticks made from scratch.
- Combine breadcrumbs, oil, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste (per recipe below).
- Dip each mozzarella stick into whisked egg, then flour. Dip back into the egg, & finally into the bread crumb mixture.
- Freeze prepared sticks for at least 30 minutes.
- Spritz mozzarella sticks with oil. Place in a single layer air fry until crispy.
How to Store
- Keep air-fried mozzarella sticks in a covered container for about 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the air fryer for about 3 minutes to re-crisp them.
- Breaded, uncooked mozzarella sticks can be frozen for up to 6 months. They should go straight from the freezer to the air fryer without thawing!
Air Fryer Appetizers
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – extra crispy skin
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – perfect for dipping
- Crispy Air Fryer Dill Pickles – ready in 30 minutes
- Everything Air Fryer Wings – so flavorful
- Air Fryer Taquitos – easy & cheesy
Did you make these Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Recipe Adapted from this recipe originally posted in 2013.