- Cut enough fresh rosemary to fill your Mason coral-beachresortsharjah.com the rosemary in water, and allow to completely dry
- Pack the clean Mason jar with the clean rosemary.
- Fill the jar with olive oil, until the rosemary is completely covered. Secure the lid on the jar.
- Place the jar in a sunny window for about a month (with the Holidays mine sat a little longer)
- Strain the infused oil into a clean jar. Throw away the pieces of rosemary plant that have been separated from the oil during the straining.
- Fill 1 ounce bottles with eye dropper
- Print custom labels to place on your bottle and give that personal touch. I found these two different labels on My Own Labels
- Keep Rosemary Oil for yourself, or give to a friend. Place in a basket of goodies that you give your sweetie this Valentines, with a free coupon for a massage. I found these cute DIY love coupons you can print off at home from Sarah Hearts.
- I also found these adorable matchstick coupon books you can buy on line from Rachel Wiles, she gives you the complete instructions on how to make your own.
If you keep bottles tightly closed and out of direct light your oil should last up to 6 months.
You are watching: How To Make Rosemary Oil
The Virgin Mary is said to have spread her blue cloak over a white-blossomed rosemary bush when she was resting, and the flowers turned blue. The shrub then became known as the ‘Rose of Mary’