Steak Tacos are a filling and delicious addition to taco night! Made with flank steak and an easy marinade the beef is grilled to perfection and tucked into warm tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Don’t forget add a squeeze of lime for some freshness!
You are watching: How To Make Steak Tacos At Home
Steak tacos are an easy and elevated way to serve beef tacos! Add your favorite toppings for a dish your family and guests will rave over.
The Best Steak for Tacos
Any cut of beef will do, actually! I use flank steak for this recipe (and things like mongolian beef or fajitas). Other great options include skirt steak, sirloin or ribeye (reduce marinating time to 1 hr for sirloin or ribeye).
Tougher cuts of meat will require longer marinating in order to tenderize the meat, but marinating is the real trick to perfection in this recipe. This recipe offers two ways to grill the steak, on the grill, and on the stovetop. Either way, it’s easy peasy!
How to Make Steak Tacos
These steak tacos are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Marinate: Marinate steak at least an hour or overnight.
- Grill: Grill beef (per recipe below). Remove from heat and let it rest to seal in all the savory juices.
- Cut and Serve: Cut steak into 1/2 inch long strips and then the strips into small pieces.
Serve warm into corn tortillas and add your favorite toppings (check out mine below)! Most street tacos come in portions of three at a time and are sprinkled with a bit of cilantro, and topped with pico de gallo, sour cream, or guacamole.
Steak Taco Topping Ideas
The best way to serve steak tacos is to have a variety of toppings available so guests can build their own steak taco.
- Sauces: Sour cream, Pico de gallo, guacamole, mango salsa
- Flavorful: Sliced black olives, sliced jalapenos, green chiles, lime wedges, cilantro
- Veggies: Diced tomatoes, white onions, or avocado slices
- Crunchy: Cabbage slaw, chopped lettuce
- Cheeses: Cotija cheese, Monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese
- Chicken Street Tacos – packed with flavor
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos (Pressure Cooker)
- Shrimp Tacos – great last-minute meal!
- Easy Fish Tacos
- Pork Carnitas Recipe (Slow Cooker)
- Mongolian Beef Tacos – Asian inspired twist
- Carne Asada