Did you know that you can make a microwave baked potato?
Sometimes you just want to enjoy a delicious baked potato without all the work. This easy microwave baked potato recipe is the perfect solution. Whether it is really hot outside or you are craving for a baked potato now, you are going to love how easy and delicious this microwaved baked potato really is.
You are watching: How To Microwave A Baked Potato Paper Towel
Learn how to bake a potato in the microwave.
Don’t heat up your kitchen – make Microwave Baked Potatoes!
It takes no effort, you don’t have to heat up your kitchen, and you don’t have to wait over an hour for your potatoes to be done. All you need is potatoes, a paper towel, and a microwave to make delicious potatoes! It is really that simple.
How do you make a quick baked potato?
The microwave is the answer. You will have delicious baked potato ready in only minutes.
How long does it take to bake 4 potatoes in the microwave?
It takes about 20 minutes total. You want to start out cooking the potatoes for 10 minutes. Next, flip the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes. It’s so easy! You might want to microwave for 5 minutes and check on them if this is the first time making these. Just until you are certain on how your microwave does.
How long to microwave a potato can vary.
Ingredients you need to make Microwave Baked Potato:
- 4 Russet Potatoes (you could buy baking potatoes for the bigger ones if you want)
- a microwave
- any toppings you want for you baked potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook a Baked Potato in the microwave:
- Wash potato skin thoroughly. It’s optional but you can also coat with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Poke the potato with a fork a few times for the steam to escape. (this is optional, but makes me feel better) 😉
- Place the potatoes in the microwave. No container needed. I put them on a paper towel, but you don’t have to.
- Cook on high for about 10 minutes.
- Flip each potato (careful it will be hot)
- Cook on full power for another 10 minutes.
- Each baked potatoe should feel soft to touch when they are done. 20 minutes was plenty with 4 big ones we had. You may need to increase or decrease time a little depending on how many potatoes you are cooking.
Note these microwaved baked potatoes are really hot so I like to use oven mitts when handling the potatoes. You can wrap in plastic wrap if not eating right away. Just make sure to use microwave save material if putting something in the microwave.
Now that you know how to make a baked potato in the microwave, isn’t it so simple?
Microwave baked potatoes are really that easy! I think it is the perfect baked potato!
Don’t forget that you can also make “baked” potatoes in the crockpot – they are just as delicious and won’t heat up your kitchen too.
Speaking of baked potatoes, check out my post 10 Ways to use Leftover Baked Potatoes. Make extras tonight and use them to make other great dinners. 🙂
Don’t forget how to cook a potato in the microwave, Print your Microwave Baked potatoes recipe below:
Once I learned how long to microwave a baked potato, I made perfect baked potatoes every time!
Throw in a simple side salad and you have a great meal! I have this for lunch all the time. It’s such a filling meal and really quick and easy. It’s also very inexpensive to make baked potatoes.
We love to top the potatoes with butter, sour cream and a little salt and pepper. They are also good with chives and crumbled bacon.
For an even heartier meal, try topping your baked potatoes with chili. Yum! I use this Easy Quick Chili Recipe. I love to keep leftovers in the freezer and it’s so simple to just take out of the freezer. I put a little on my baked potato and it’s very filling! Clean up is a breeze and it’s such an easy but delicious meal. I also like Twice Baked Potatoes with Broccoli and Cheese. Yum! It’s amazing what a great meal this is. I have even served this for parties and made a baked potato bar. Guests grabbed a potato and selected their favorite toppings. Just put out a bunch of various toppings that everyone will like. It’s frugal, easy and always a hit!
You can also enjoy the tastiness of baked potatoes when your oven is full with Crock Pot Baked Potatoes. This is also perfect when you want to enjoy baked potatoes without heating up your kitchen in the summer time.
Twice Baked Potatoes are so simple and make the perfect side dish.
Enjoy this delicious microwave sweet potato recipe in just 5 minutes.
Check out these other easy side dish recipes:
- How to Steam Broccoli in the Microwave
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- Easy Parmesan Roasted Zucchini Recipe
- Oven Roasted Parmesan Asparagus