A basic guide for how to grill brisket on a gas grill with a rub and barbecue sauce recipe. This recipe was originally posted on June 29, 2016.
You are watching: How To Smoke A Brisket On A Gas Grill
Do you want to know how to grill brisket? The first time I grilled brisket I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I don’t own a smoker (yet). I do own a gas grill which I very much enjoy grilling on and creating new recipes with. Smoked beef brisket is something we would always order from popular local BBQ joints. But now if I want to I can grill my own. So here is my hopefully informative post on how to grill brisket on a gas grill.
I had several sources of help for this tutorial. Back in 2016 this was a sponsored post on behalf of KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub from Kroger. But that was several years ago and since then this post for how to grill brisket has become my most popular in terms of organic search visits thanks to Google. So I decided to revamp the post and recipe to reflect my grilling abilities and make it more my own to reflect my blog and business.
I found my guide for grilling brisket HERE but I changed a few steps. After letting the brisket warm up a bit out of the fridge and sit with the dry rub I grilled it just a bit directly over low heat to get that crispy exterior going. Then I transferred the brisket to a (grill safe) foil pan to keep it cooking low and slow before basting it toward the end of grilling time with my recipe for Apple Butter Barbecue Sauce. Let me emphasize that this recipe is for those who are new to grilling brisket and do not own a smoker (like me). This is not a recipe for more experienced barbecue enthusiasts!
Tips for How to Grill Brisket on a Gas Grill:
- Everything for this recipe should be able to be purchased at your local grocery – no fancy equipment or ingredients required
- I used foil pans similar to these
- By turning my Weber gas grill to LOW heat on one half and OFF on the other half I was able to maintain a temperature of about 300 degrees for the entire grilling process
- I always use a digital thermometer like this one to check the internal temperature of my grilled meats
Foodtastic Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to coral-beachresortsharjah.com. Any highlighted, clickable Amazon link you see is an affiliate link that I may earn advertising fees on.
Thank you so much for being a faithful reader and supporter of Foodtastic Mom. Be sure to PIN and print this recipe!
MORE FAVORITE GRILLING RECIPES:
- Grilled Short Ribs with Asian Peanut Sauce
- Perfectly Grilled Pork Chops
- Grilled Lemon Chicken Alfredo
- Grilled Margarita Steak Fajitas
- Pineapple Marinated Steak Tacos