Fine Italian truffles don’t show up on the supermarket shelf, well, ever. But that doesn’t mean you can’t capture the flavor in a home cooked dish that could rival the best restaurants! Fortunately for home chefs, truffle oil has become a popular and more accessible way to integrate truffle into your kitchen. We’ve got a list of our favorite ways to use the aromatic oil in everyday cooking.
How do you pick a great truffle oil you ask? Start by looking at the ingredients. The better the ingredients, the better quality the truffle oil will be. Oils that incorporate fresh truffles are going to taste more like the real thing. At Salute Santé, we start with real white and black truffles fresh from the Italian truffle harvest to fully capture the best flavor in our white truffle grapeseed oil and black truffle grapeseed oil.. Also, consider the oil used when choosing a truffle oil. We prefer delicious light, nutty grapeseed oil that carries the beautiful floral flavor of the white truffle better than any other oil and the black truffle grapeseed oil, with hints of black cherry and cacao will warm your taste buds and the exquisite aromas of black truffle will add a touch of elegance to the simplest dish. Read more about our white truffle grapeseed oil here. Read more about our black truffle grapeseed oil here.
You are watching: How To Use Black Truffle Oil
Top 10 Ways To Use Truffle Oil:
1. Drizzle truffle oil on top of popcornClass up a favorite movie snack by drizzling a little bit of the oil on top. Make sure to use it after your popcorn is finished popping. Remember, a little goes a long way.
2. Use it on pasta dishesThis is one of the most popular ways to use truffle oil. Incorporate fresh mushrooms into your pasta for a well-rounded dish. Again, add the truffle oil to your plated dish. Check out our truffle tagliatelle recipe, the most classic of Italian White Truffle dishes! Make sure to use lots of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
3. Mac n’ CheeseYes, mac n’ cheese is pasta too, but truffle mac is so good that we had to give it its own number. Add truffle oil to your gourmet mac n’ cheese for an out of this world remake of a childhood favorite!
4. Mix into mashed potatoesYou can add truffle oil to potatoes cooked any way, but we love a good truffle mash. After you’ve finished mashing your potatoes, stir in some of the truffle oil and Parmesan cheese. Then top with freshly chopped chives.
5. Use as a finishing oil on pizzaWhat can’t you add to pizza anyway? Truffle oil goes well over most pizza, but we especially like a wild mushroom pizza with mozzarella cheese and a light cream sauce instead of tomato. Or a tri-colored version with lots of arugula! Drizzle on the truffle oil right when the pizza comes out of the oven.
6. Over eggsYou heard us, truffle oil is delicious for breakfast too. We like topping off a scramble or drizzling on top of over easy eggs and spinach.
7. Truffle hummusAdd flair to your hummus by adding a bit of truffle oil. You can make homemade hummus and add the truffle oil into your food processor toward the end. Or, simply mix it into plain store-bought hummus. It’s always fun to class up the original.
8. Over veggiesVeggies tasting a little bland? Add the oil to blanched, steamed, or grilled vegetables for an explosion of flavor. Don’t forget the salt!
9. Over garlic bread or bruschettaTry a little truffle oil on this delicious garlic bread or on any bruschetta.
10. Truffle AioliThis list wouldn’t be complete without a good truffle aioli. Great for dipping fries or spreading on a juicy burger (especially with bacon and gorgonzola cheese).
11. Bonus! Toss fries in truffle oil for a gourmet snackThey’re even tastier if you add garlic and herbs.