You are going to love this easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe. Flavorful, easy, and quick, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time. Made with an easy homemade sauce consisting of pantry staples, you can make this take-out favorite at home.
Have you ever wanted to make your Chicken Pad Thai at home? A take-out favorite, chicken Pad Thai may seem difficult to make but with the right ingredients and this post to help you out, you’ll have this better than take-out Pad Thai at home in no time. It’s also super versatile as you can customize this recipe to your personal tastes, especially if you have picky eaters at home, everyone will love this homemade version.
You are watching: Is Chicken Pad Thai Healthy
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- It’s fast! It’s probably faster to make this at home than it is to place the order and have it delivered to you in 45 minutes. Since this Pad Thai recipe uses chicken cut into strips and quick-cooking vegetables, the cooking time is really fast.
- It uses pantry staples. Most of the ingredients, you probably already have in your kitchen! If not, these ingredients are very accessible as most grocery stores carry them or you can find them online easily.
- It’s easy to customize. If you have leftover vegetables in the fridge, you can add those. You can swap out the vegetables I use for another one your children like more. Or you can even make this spicy if you wish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
This is just a list of ingredients you will need to make this Chicken Pad Thai recipe. Full measurements are listed further down below.
- Thai rice noodles: these can usually be found in the noodles section or Asian section of a grocery store. If not, Amazon carries it.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Groundnut oil: also known as peanut oil.
- Red bell pepper
- Green onions
- Unsalted roasted peanuts
- Maple syrup: or honey
- Light-sodium soy sauce: or coconut aminos liquid for gluten-free
- Rice vinegar
How to Make Chicken Pad Thai At Home
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles: follow the directions on your package. Different brands of noodles and thickness have different cook times.
- Cook the chicken: Heat 1 tbsp of the groundnut oil (peanut oil) in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Cook the vegetables: Add the remaining groundnut oil to the heated pan. Sauté the bell peppers together with carrots and garlic, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes. For the last minute, stir in the green onions.
- Cook the eggs: Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Push the sautéed veggies to one side of the pan, and pour in the beaten eggs. Cook and scramble the eggs.
- Combine everything: Return the cooked chicken to the pan, together with the noodles and the sauce. Cook and toss over medium-low heat, until everything is combined and hot.
- Garnish: Take off the heat and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
Tips and Substitutions
- Make it vegetarian: swap the chicken for a plant-based protein such as mock chicken or tofu.
- Make it pescatarian: swap the chicken for shrimp.
- Vegetables: swap or add in snow peas, snap peas, bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, etc.
- Make it spicy: add in some chili paste or sriracha to add some heat to your chicken Pad Thai.
- We recommend a large skillet or wok for making chicken Pad Thai. You’ll want lots of room to get all the vegetables and noodles in!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- Asian Chicken Cups Recipe
- Easy and Healthy Beef Stir Fry
- Chinese Scallion Sesame Pancakes
- Asian Shrimp Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.