This healthy mayo-free lemon dill potato salad is fresh, full of flavor and perfect for those hot summer days! Light and refreshing, thanks to the citrus and herbs this is a potato salad you’ll make again and again. And it’s 100% vegan and vegetarian friendly!
You are watching: Lemony Dill Potato Salad
The last couple of weeks here have been hot, humid and horribly uncomfortable. And boy oh boy has our air conditioner gotten a workout!
Salads are an obvious choice when hot weather strikes as the last thing you feel like doing when the heat is on, is cooking a hot meal.
On those hot summer nights, rather than making a big dinner, I like to serve a couple of different salads for dinner. Salads such as this Moroccan Carrot Salad, this Roasted Cauliflower Salad and this artichoke salad are some of my favorites.
This Lemon Dill Potato Salad is:
- Light and refreshing!
- Bursting with flavor from a citrus dressing and fresh herbs.
- 100% vegan and vegetarian-friendly
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Quick & Easy
How to Make Lemon Dill Potato Salad
This lemon dill potato salad is one I’ve been making forever. While the thought of potato salad brings thoughts of heavy, gluggy mayonnaise-laden salads to mind, this lemon herb potato salad couldn’t be more different.
The creamy dressing traditionally associated with potato salads is replaced with a light and refreshing combination of lemon juice, garlic and olive oil along with salt and pepper.
Once the dressing is made, it is poured over the still warm potatoes. This step allows the dressing to seep into the flesh of the potatoes and also serves to cook the garlic, removing that acrid burn that raw garlic can have.
When the potatoes have cooled completely finely sliced spring onions and roughly chopped dill are added. If you don’t have dill, Italian parsley is another wonderful option.
Tips for Making Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- This recipe is naturally vegan. But if you love vegan cooking, be sure to grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet, packed with tips to make any recipe vegan!
- This salad tastes best when it’s served at room temperature – this gives the flavors the best chance to shine!
- Lemon zest is a great addition to this potato salad. Simply zest your lemons and add before squeezing their juices into the salad.
- If you don’t have any fresh dill available, try substituting Italian flat leaf parsley or mint. Cilantro is another tasty choice!