Here are all the best sour cream recipes using this versatile ingredient! Make it homemade, or use it in salads, soups, dips…and even pancakes.
Sour cream is a velvety, rich thickened cream that’s completely versatile in the kitchen. No wonder it’s included so often in recipes! Use it in endless ways: in sauces, in dips, to thicken soups, and to dollop a good chili or potato. You can even use it to make pancakes: it’s tangy and fluffy, even better than buttermilk!
You are watching: What Can You Make With Sour Cream
Here are all the best sour cream recipes for using up a container! And did you know you can make it homemade? You can make DIY sour cream at home with just 2 ingredients! Experience the magic of fermentation right in your own kitchen. Here’s how to do it, and then 9 more great uses for this silky, magical cream.
And now…the best sour cream recipes to try!
More ways to use sour cream
There are many more ways to use sour cream in recipes outside of these highlights! Here are a few more we’d recommend:
- Chili: Use it to dollop Best Vegan Chili, Vegetarian Chili, 3-Bean Healthy Chili, or Instant Pot Chili.
- Baked Potatoes: Try a Classic Baked Potato, Baked Sweet Potatoes or Mexican Sweet Potatoes
- Soup: Dollop soup recipes like Best Damn Lentil Soup or Tortilla Soup.
- Tacos: Add to Epic Fish Tacos or Crispy Avocado Tacos.
Here are a few more resources related to making and using sour cream!
- Homemade Creme Fraiche You can make creme fraiche at home with just 2 ingredients! This rich French version of sour cream is perfect for creamy sauces and dolloping soups.
- Best Sour Cream Substitute Need a sub for this ingredient? Here are all the best foods to use in a pinch.
- Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe Bookmark this homemade whipped cream recipe: in just 5 minutes you’ve got sweetened whipped cream that tastes infinitely better than store bought stuff!
- Mexican Crema Recipe Mexican crema is a thickened cream for dolloping over tacos and soups! Creamy and slightly tangy, it’s easy to make at home!