Top 5 Healthy Salad Dressing Alternatives
Salads are regarded as being healthy and usually they are the first choice for lunches or dinners when people are watching their weight. While known for being healthy and low in calories, a salad can also be quite the opposite. If you select a salad out at a restaurant or make your own at home, consider the additions to the lettuce that may or may not be keeping your salad healthy.
You are watching: What To Use Instead Of Salad Dressing
A typical salad is likely to contain lettuce of some kind, tomatoes, onions, fruit, nuts, dressing, and cheese. Be mindful that the additions can add calories, but one of the biggest killers to your diet is your salad dressing. Many restaurants will state how many calories come with your salad with just the lettuce, but they often leave the calories from the dressing away from your eye sight and many do not state the amount of saturated fats contained per serving. If you enjoy tasty dressings, consider the following options below for a truly healthy salad dressing option.
The Top 5 Healthy Salad Dressing Alternatives
- Oil and Vinegar. This is a simple and effective way to add flavor and healthy omega fats in your diet. When making your dressing, try using more vinegar than oil to keep the calories low . If you like a little more flavor in your salad dressing, then try using balsamic vinegar and mix it with cold-pressed olive oil. Not only will your dressing be flavorful, but it will have LDL-lowering qualities. If you are interested in this option for a healthy alternative to your traditional salad dressing, then mix two tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil with as much vinegar as you desire for flavor. Sprinkle on your salad and shake or mix evenly.
- Creamy Avocado Dressing. If you enjoy creamy salad dressing, this is your option. This creamy avocado dressing contains avocado, Greek yogurt, red onions, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, a little dill, and some cayenne pepper if you would like some spice . Follow along with this recipe for your next salad and try using romaine lettuce to get the most out of your salad.
- Tahini Dressing. If you enjoy Greek flavors, consider Tahini dressing to spice up your salad. Tahini dressing is made of ground sesame seeds and can be a great creamy alternative to some of your other salad dressing options . Find options that include Greek yogurt to make it extra creamy.
- Stilton Salad Dressing. Follow along with this recipe for a great salad dressing alternative. This recipe uses low-fat buttermilk, Tofu, Stilton cheese, and lemon juice. You can add the additional portions to the salad, the few ingredients added here really make this salad burst with flavor, all without adding harmful saturated fats that most salad dressings have.
- Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette. If you are a vinaigrette lover, give this alternative salad dressing a try. Use this recipe to make a bulk batch for your enjoyment at home. This dressing is loaded with heart healthy canola oil, a dash of maple syrup, healthy cider vinegar, mustard powder, a pinch of soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Purchase a salad dressing container to store this dressing in your refrigerator for a later time and enjoy on green leafy lettuce leaves.
If you are watching your weight and enjoy eating salads, consider the five options listed above. Over this next month, make a wholesome and healthy salad for dinner at least four or five nights per week. Sprinkle on your favorite dressing from above and do your best to avoid salad dressings at a restaurant regardless how “healthy” it is advertised. If you can, order a salad with a dressing on the side and you can even ask for oil and vinegar as your dressing.
 coral-beachresortsharjah.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/4-healthy-salad-dressing-options.html#b  coral-beachresortsharjah.com/recipe-creamy-tangy-avocado-dr-125010  coral-beachresortsharjah.com/blogs/weight-loss-coach/secret-healthiest-salad-dressing  coral-beachresortsharjah.com/food-facts/5-homemade-and-healthy-salad-dressings.htm#page=1  coral-beachresortsharjah.com/recipes/maple_mustard_vinaigrette.html